Saturday, October 06, 2007

Apple Harvest Festival Fun



So it's been months since I last posted. Although many ideas cross my mind, I never seem to actually sit down and update what's been going on in my life or share some thoughts. I will try to be better on behalf of my sweet friends overseas who love to catch up!


Even though it's 90 degrees today in Charlottesville, the fall festivities around town have begun! This morning Clark and I met up with Stephen and Kathryn Trivette and their little girl, Savannah, to go to Carter Mountain Orchard. This weekend is the orchard's Apple Harvest Festival, complete with giant pumpkins, local vendors, live music and of course their famous apple cider donuts.


I had never been to the orchard before and I was literally jumping around like a 5 year old when we arrived! We listened to a bluegrass/gospel band for awhile and then took off into the orchard with Savannah atop Stephen's shoulders to pick apples! In his pursuit of the perfect apple, Clark climbed several trees, knocking down about a dozen apples for every one he actually picked.


In the past two years, I've grown to LOVE living in Charlottesville and the combination of a small town and urban life. Today's adventure to the orchard was a sweet return to country roots, though! Speaking of sweet... all those apples went into this pie!


my very first apple pie... completely from scratch!
dang gina its good.