Monday, November 17, 2008

Mondays

I start off my Monday mornings with practicum at one of the county schools. I work in a pre-K class that serves at risk children and children with identified disabilities... and it's really a FANTASTIC way to start the week.

Today I left my house at 8:10am, and normally it takes me about 10 minutes to get to school, but there was a rather large accident on the way so I didn't arrive until 8:50am (whoops). My kids were already in music class so I just jumped right in singing "Five Fat Turkeys" with them and was greeted with many hugs.

Our morning message always says "Good morning! Today is..... and then a sentence or two about our days. Today's was already up on the whiteboard in the class and it said:
Good morning!
Today is Monday.
Today we have music.

One of the little boys asked to add a sentence that said: Miss Bremer is here today!
:)

And then at recess one of the boys from the other Pre-K class ran up to me and said, "You look beautiful today!"

Now THATS the way to start off the week.

No comments: