Thursday, December 04, 2008

Today!

Today we had Snowman Festival... its our Winter Carnival for Jumpstart...

picture 80 4 year olds and their enthusiastic and slightly anxious teachers descending upon UVA's campus to spend two hours downing hot chocolate as fast as it can cool, pouring glitter on glue soaked pinecones, chucking balls at an unfortunate snowman, and singing songs we made up on the fly...

then picture all of us Corps Members laying on the floor in delighted exhaustion.

it was fabulous.


My favorite quote of the day was as I was leading a group of students into the building and I was talking to two little boys.

Marlo: My birthday!
Me: When's your birthday?
Marlo: RIGHT NOW!
Me: No way! Today is your birthday?
Adrian: No, Miss Bremer... it's RIGHT NOW, not today.

:) that made my Right Now.

No comments: