Thursday, February 05, 2009

poor no man.

There's a little guy in one of my Pre-K classes with whom I have a morning ritual... he rolls into class looking more like 16 than 4, a little thug-like, but full of goodness.

I sit at the table and reach out my hand in a fist, call his name, and say, "Is it time?"

He usually looks at me. Looks down at my fist. Shakes his head.

A few minutes (or sometimes hours) later he will walk up to me and say, "Miss Shannon. It's time." and extend his own little fist to give me a pound. :)

Well this same sweet guy can't say the "s" sound if a word starts with the letter S (snake, sound, snip, silly). We had some snow this week and before recess one day he exclaimed,

I'z gonna play in the no!
I'z gonna make a no man with no balls!

Took us a minute to figure it out... :)

No comments: