Monday, March 30, 2009

my little congo man

One of my Jumpstart kids is from the Congo and has the BEST accent... I wish I could post a video of his delightful self up here but alas you'll have to survive on stories.

So last Thursday E. was fixing my hair in our "hair salon" walking back and forth to the "sink" to get clip after clip and carefully place them in my hair. Alex, his Jumpstart corps member, was trying to engage E in conversation by asking how many clips he was putting in, what his plan was for my hair, etc but E was so focused he just trudged back to the sink, picked up a clip, trudged back repeatedly.

Alex commented, "Wow, he's so intent."

E. immediately stops mid-clip retrieval and says, "No I am not! I am FIVE!"

<3 Congo.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shannon, I got here from Stephanie's blog. I LOVE your stories about your kids! And my sister-in-law is from Congo. I went there last year. :)