Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Let's Play Football!

I have two practicum sites this semester where I basically observe children in preschool programs and help the teachers in any way I can. So my Monday and Friday mornings are spent in two different schools in C'ville, and I always come home with stories.

Last Friday, during indoor recess one of the little boys in my class asked me to play football with him....

G: Miss Shannon! Will you play football with me?
Me: Well sure! Do you want me to be the quarterback or do you?
G: (looking confused) No, here's how we play... you throw the ball and I catch it. Then I fall down, and the other guy helps me up. Thats how you play football.
Me: Sounds good.

I proceed to throw the ball... which G attempts to catch :) He then ignores the ball and proceeds to flop his four-year-old self on the ground. I pause... he opens one eye and with a frustrated tone says,

G: Ok! Now you're the other guy. You have to help me up.

Which I did... because thats how you play football :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS!

It's like, when I used to go to hockey games as a kid, I thought the only important thing was the fights.